The Central Fire Station No. 1 was built in 1882 and was located on the NW corner of 3rd St. and Court SW, in the same block as the City Hall in downtown Canton. The station was equipped with a bell that would trip the stalls where the horses were ready for duty. Over the years some remodeling took place of the original 1882 building, however it remained at the same location until sometime between 1957-1959. It was then torn down to make room for the new City Hall that was dedicated in 1960. Currently the No.1 Fire station is located at 110 7th St. SW. in Canton.
For more information about the history of the Canton Fire Department see:
At the Library:
Canton Fire Department News Clipping File