The photographs above are believed to be those of Joseph A. Meyer and Caroline L. Bleck .
Joseph A. Meyer, Jeweler, was the son of Francis Meyer and Caroline A. R. Bogan. He was born 8 January 1831 in Mt. Eaton, Wayne County, Ohio and died the 7 June 1887 in Canton, Stark County, Ohio. Joseph married Caroline L. Bleck, 23 August 1853 in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. She was the daughter of Rev. Charles A. and Sophia Louisa (Kruase) Bleck. She was born 9 November 1833 in Camden Valley, Washington County, New York and died 18 August 1885 in Canton, Stark County, Ohio.
Children of Joseph and Carolina (Bleck) Meyer
- Frances (Frank) Charles. b 24 October 1854 in Canton Township, Stark County, Ohio; d. 20 March 1894 in Canton, Stark County, Ohio.
- Joseph (Joe) Andrew. b. 2 December 1856 in Canton Township, Stark County, Ohio; d. 21 December 1894 Baghdad, Turkey.
- John Mathew b. October 1865 in Stark County, Ohio; d. 28 September 1945 in Seattle, King County, Washington; m. (1) Clara M. Kemper, 11 October 1886, (2) Nora Hartzell, 14 February 1917, (3) Leila Gillete.
- Winifred b. 30 November 1868 in Canton, Stark County, Ohio; d. 15 February 1953 in Boston Suffolk County, Massachusettes; m. Dana Fritz Dowd9 July 1912.
- Caroline “Carrie” S. b. 28 July 1872; d. 4 December 1851 in Evanston, Illinois; m. Otto Gottleib Rhein, 12 December 1893 in Canton, Stark County, Ohio.
Joseph and his family were well travelled and well known in the Canton community. During his lifetime he worked and owned a jewelry store and was responsible for maintaining the clock in the tower at the courthouse.
For more information on Joseph and his family can be found in the book The Andrew Meyer Family of Stark County, Ohio by Richard White and the Joseph A. Meyer Collection in the Genealogy Department at the Stark County, District Library.
 Stark County, Ohio. Probate Court. Estate of Joseph A. Meyer. No. 2830NS. Stark County District Library, Canton.
 “J.S. Meyer (Mr.). Canton Repository. 11 June 1887, p.1.
 “Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013,” database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9392-BL9L-B1?cc=1614804&wc=Q6SP-XTN%3A122263701%2C122360301 : 15 July 2014), Tuscarawas > image 79 of 448; county courthouses, Ohio.
 “Ohio, County Death Records, 1840-2001,” database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9ZR-VV16?cc=2128172&wc=Q68D-Z1K%3A1296080283%2C1296034002 : 30 September 2014), Stark > image 253 of 720; county courthouses, Ohio.
 “Caroline C. L. (Mrs.)”. Canton Repository, 19 August 1885, p.1.